Online Counselling Sessions.
People suffering from anxiety, depression or even physical health issues can find it hard to leave the house. Their fears and worries are intensified when they walk out of the door and only worsens their already declining mental health. With this in mind, I offer Skype & Zoom sessions for my clients, old and new, who may not be able to make it to a face-to-face meeting.
People often feel that they have to be thrown into the deep end to overcome an problem or learn something. But, in reality, baby steps can be the best way forward to create a long-lasting positive impact on our mental health. If a person’s anxiety forces them to remain in their home, asking them to walk out the door, get in their car and meet me face-to-face for their first appointment will not work. Holding sessions online allows me to provide the expert advice and support they need to overcome their anxieties gradually – in an environment that is safe and familiar.
Sometimes it is concern over our physical health which can cause us to isolate ourselves from others. Those with hypochondria (a form of anxiety), may find it hard to go outside due to fear of becoming ill. Or perhaps there is a virus circulating which makes it harder for people to get out and about during the day. Online sessions mean I can stay in contact with clients who are struggling to leave the house due to their fear of illness or mobility issues.
Rather than not seeking out the mental health support you need or postponing your sessions until you feel confident enough to meet me face-to-face, Skype or Zoom sessions could be the solution.
There are many benefits to Skype & Zoom sessions, such as:
- You still get the face-to-face personal support in the comfort of your own home. Phone therapy sessions can often feel a little distant if we haven’t had the chance to connect as therapist and client. In the early days, Skype & Zoom allows me to connect with you and understand how best to offer you support.
- Distance doesn’t become an issue. Perhaps you are going on holiday, moving home or just visiting family and need to book in a session for last-minute guidance. Or maybe you even have a regular, scheduled session that you don’t want to miss while you are working away from home. Skype means we can connect no matter where you are in the UK – or the world!
- If you are sick, injured or on bed rest, we can still talk. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health and shouldn’t be ignored at times like these, especially when isolation can worsen anxiety and depression.
- If you feel more open to sharing and seeking help if you can do it from your office, bed or couch, Skype & Zoom makes this possible without reducing the quality of support given by myself.
- Busy workers and parents don’t have to miss out on essential mental health support because they don’t have time in the day to travel to the clinic or leave their kids with a babysitter.
Using Skype & Zoom, I can provide expert advice and support. As a counsellor, I want to see all of my clients succeed, whether that’s from face-to-face sessions, over the phone or via online channels. Just get in contact with me today to learn more about my services and sessions.
Don’t struggle alone – counselling can help.
Life can be hard – we all encounter stressful and challenging life events such as relationship breakdown, family and work-related problems, illness or bereavement, to name a few. During these often difficult times talking to an experienced, professional therapist can really make a difference.
Asking for help can be difficult and it is important to find the right compassionate, knowledgeable and non-judgemental person for you. That is where Dr Liddy Carver can help. Fully trained, accredited, registered and insured, she offers person-centred counselling and psychotherapy, helping a variety of people to enhance their sense of well-being.
- Ph.D. A Co-operative Inquiry into Counselling and Psychotherapy Trainers’ Inter and Intra-Personal Concerns and Challenges in a Higher Education Context
- M.A. (Distinction) Clinical Counselling
- Clinical Supervision (Level 7 Postgraduate Certificate)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Whether you are here to find help to a more fulfilled and happier you, or helping a loved one move through a difficult chapter in life, Dr Liddy Carver can help you.
Start moving forward with Counselling in Warrington, Cheshire.
Change, even positive change, can be quite difficult at times. Dr Liddy Carvers’ counselling sessions in Cheshire, challenge you to sit with uncomfortable emotions, to explore your pain, all in an effort to experience life’s exhilarating joys. To go through such a journey in the presence of another is truly courageous.